EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE COURSE (EFR)
TOUR CODE: ABK-EFR
REGION: KOTA KINABALU
DURATION: FULL DAY
PICK UP TIME: 08:00 - 08:15 Hrs
MINIMUM: 1 PAX
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
- Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) skill
- Build confidence and increase willingness to respond to emergency
- Pre-requisite for PADI Rescue Diver Course
- Everyone will get the chance to practice EFR skills during practical sessions
- Lunch provided
If you want to be prepared for any situation, then the Emergency First Response (EFR) course serves as the right preparation.
The course meets the CPR and first aid training requirements required for undertaking the PADI Rescue Diver course and all other professional-level ratings. Many courses such as the PADI Rescue Diver and PADI Divemaster courses require divers to have taken the EFP courses as required preparation.
The EFR course will focus on helping to build confidence and to increase willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Participants will learn the importance of emergency care step by step and practice applying skills in a fun and non-stressful learning environment. The course is supported by self-study manuals, videos, and quick reference cards to help enhance learning. Much of the course requires independent study to prepare for both classroom and hands-on skill development sessions with the instructor.
About the Courses
The Emergency First Response (EFR) courses, Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid), are skill intensive and consists of a 1-day classroom session.
Primary Care (CPR) will teach participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. Through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice, participants will gain the knowledge and confidence they need to respond to any medical emergency.
The Secondary Care (First Aid) course covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening. Participants will mainly focus on secondary assessment and first aid through knowledge development, skill development, and realistic scenario practice.
This Course Is Suitable For...
- Divers continuing their Dive Education to PADI Rescue Diver Course
- Those who need to fulfil workplace requirements e.g. construction, nursing, school safety
- For those looking to refresh their Emergency First Responder Skills
- Those who want to be life savers!
The Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) course consists of:
- Scene Assessment
- Barrier use
- Primary Assessment
- CPR - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- CPR – Chest Compressions Combined with Rescue Breathing
- Conscious and Unconscious Obstructed Airway Management
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- Automated External Defibrillator Use
- Emergency Oxygen Use Orientation
The Emergency First Response Secondary Care (First Aid) course consists of:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting of Dislocations and Fractures
Students will assess their knowledge of the material through reviews and an exam. To assess students’ skill proficiency, they will need to undergo a practical demonstration of their skills.
What Will You Get After Complete The Course?
- Certificate of Attendance (Issued by Amazing Borneo Tours)
- EFR Certification Card (valid for 2 years) - rewarded upon successful completion of the course
- Meet up at Amazing Borneo’s Conference Room at 09:00hrs
- The classroom session will start with a few videos and a short demonstration.
- Lunch will be at a local restaurant.
- The course will then begin with Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) practical sessions:
Classroom – Practical (Part 1)
- Primary Care (CPR)
After Part 1 Classroom session, you will be have lunch in a local restaurant.
Classroom – Practical (Part 2)
- Secondary Care (First Aid)
- 16:00hrs Course completion and certification, where you will receive a card within 7 to 14 working days.
Upon completion of the course with a minimum passing mark of 75%, you will be certified as a competent Emergency First Responder. You will also receive your EFR Certification Card between 7 to 14 working days.
|Categories||Price Per Person|
2 pax or more - Join in Basis
1 pax - Private Instructor
- There is no minimum age to join this course
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates displayed are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Optional Return Hotel Transfers (KK City Hotel>Amazing Borneo Conference Room>KK City Hotel) MYR 30 per pax are chargeable for this package
Meals at stated, Instructor fee, EFR Registration & Certification fees, EFR & CPR course materials, Facilities rental, Drinking Water
Care for Children
Alcoholic & Carbonated Drinks, Personal Travel Insurance, Any Items Not Mentioned
Optional Hotels Pick-up & Drop Off Charges
Optional Return Hotel Transfers (KK City Hotel> Amazing Borneo Conference Room>KK City Hotel) MYR 30 per pax are chargeable for this package.
- Comfortable clothing and footwear
Things You Should Bring
- Water bottle
- Personal items e.g. cash
Things You Should Know
- The course incorporates independent study to prepare you for a classroom and hands-on skill development session with your instructor. You will learn the same patient care techniques used by medical professionals, but at a lay person level.
- This package is based on join-in-basis as a classroom, private Instructor is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- It is good to refresh CPR and First Aid skills every 24 months as the course is constantly updating to fit current needs. If you would like to take a refresher course, please enquire with us.
- It will be good to do self-reading of the learning materials prior to attending the course.